Earlier this week, our students and staff tuned in to a very special assembly, in which our brand new Prefect Team for 2021-22 was officially inaugurated. Kicking off with an introduction from Mrs Gardiner Legge on the topic of leadership, the assembly provided an opportunity for the OHS community to ‘meet’ the incoming team, as well as acknowledge and thank the outgoing team.
Without further ado, we are pleased to announce the members of our 2021-22 Prefect Team and their individual roles and responsibilities:
- Lizzie – Head Girl (also covering music and Year 11)
- Amy – Deputy Head Girl (also covering Marketing)
- Eleanor – Chair of School Council (also covering equality, diversity and inclusion)
- Alina – GDST Student Council Representative (also covering Year 7 and charities)
- Leila – Sixth Form and Green Prefect
- Aisling – Wellbeing and Academic Prefect
- Lili – Year 10 and Green Prefect
- Alice – Sport, Year 9 and Charity Prefect
- Izzy – Drama and Year 11 Prefect
- Anna – Wellbeing, Art, and Year 9 Prefect
- Mika – Art, Drama and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Prefect
- Shreya – Admissions, Marketing and Year 8 Prefect
Following the assembly, we were delighted to have a chat with Lizzie and Amy to find out how they feel about their new roles and their priorities for the coming year.
I am delighted to represent OHS as the new Head Girl and am adopting this position alongside Amy with positivity and optimism for the year ahead. We are excited to be working with the wonderful prefect team and Mrs Gardiner Legge to support and connect with the students and staff in the OHS community. Despite the many challenges and uncertainties surrounding the present situation, we are all determined to make our school the best it can be and, whilst working hard, ensure that everyone has some fun! From sustainability and creativity to diversity and wellbeing, our team is passionate about important topics, which I hope we can promote even further at OHS. Most of all, however, we aim to represent and reach out to every member of the school community. – Lizzie
I am very excited to be Deputy Head Girl of OHS and I cannot wait to support Lizzie throughout the coming year and work with the rest of our amazing prefect team. As a prefect team, we are passionate about many areas of school life and beyond and we will look to give a voice to all of the varied interests of our OHS community. – Amy
Of course, in welcoming Lizzie and her team, we must also say goodbye to our wonderful 2020-21 Prefect Team, led by Head Girl Leni. To echo the words of Mrs Gardiner Legge: ‘(They) have led the school so well, during such an uncertain time’. Our thanks go to Beth, Kitty, Caitlin, Olivia, Sophia, Liv, Martha, Prashanti, Flora, Connie, Tilly, as well as Leni herself. You have been wonderful representatives of OHS!