With this week’s ‘act of kindness’ being to cook for others, we encouraged our Year 7 students to put on their aprons and step into the kitchen.
All we can say is – wow, what an impressive set of results we received! We’ve included some of the photos below as well as a delicious recipe for peppermint creams.
What will you be cooking up this weekend?
Peppermint creams are a delicious and moreish snack. They are easy to make and have only a few ingredients.
*Allergens: Contain milk and soya*
- 225g icing sugar
- 115g condensed milk
- Peppermint extract to taste (1-2 tsp recommended)
- Dark chocolate, melted
- Mixing bowl
- Biscuit cutters
- A tray to cool the peppermint creams on
- An airtight box for storage
- Put the icing sugar into a bowl and slowly mix in the condensed milk until a soft dough is formed.
- Add a small amount of peppermint extract and mix until you have a smooth, kneadable dough. Add a little more icing sugar if it gets too sticky.
- Dust a clean surface with plenty of icing sugar and roll out the mixture to about 1cm thick. Cut into shapes with the biscuit cutter.
- Chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate either in the microwave or using a bain-marie, then dip the peppermint creams so that they are half-coated with chocolate.
- Leave to set and enjoy!